Pages

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Mish | Beauty Fails: L'Oreal Nude Magique CC Anti Redness Cream

Hello Lovelies! Welcome to Beauty Fails. Pretty self explanatory oui?

L'Oreal Nude Magique CC Anti Redness Cream

Oh lord where to begin...

Act 1: Scene 1
Day of my graduation photos and I'm panicing. I'm naturally red in the face and on photo day (due to stress) I was very red in the face. Stupidly I decide to purchase some anti-redness cream as (in my eyes) my normal products weren't working; so I bombed it to Boots.

Security took a shine to me (maybe it was the redness?) that day and constantly circled the aisle I was in adding to my stress. Frantically looking for anything with anti-redness, L'Oreal Nude Magique CC Anti Redness Cream caught my eye. There was no tester so I picked it up, ran to the check out and paid for my item (much to the security guards disgruntlement).

Act 1: Scene 2
Finally home with an hour to get ready for scheduled photos. I cleanse my face and crack open my new purchase. Applying cream to the back of my hand I'm relieved to see it's green, however I noticed little dark bits floating in the cream, hmm? This must be extra the anti-redness thingy and began to application...



So far so good

Shit then got real...

L'Oreal Nude Magique CC Anti Redness Cream is wonderful for those who are orange.
Thankfully my tears managed to wipe away the mess I had created on my face and I applied my normal make up making my photos on time.


Act 1: Scene 3:Once arriving home, I inspected my horror purchase closer. The little floaty bits are in fact

"The magic Smart Pigment Capsules in a feather-light green hydrator transform into foundation on application. Helps neutralise the appearance of redness. A perfect nude look with buildable light-weight coverage."

This did not help console me that I paid £10 for the fecker. I applied some to my arm to test it out again, had me eyes deceived me in my mad rush to get ready? Nope. It actually turned more orange as the evening went on. A few weeks later I returned to the cream and tried it on my mum who has naturally tanned skin. It works beautifully on her and the claims it makes on the back are true. A flawless coverage with a healthy glow and countering the redness.

Final Scene:
Partly this beauty fail is my own fault for not testing the product out before purchase, as there were no testers available and I hate opening products, this eases my conscious a little.
If you are an olive / tanned skin tone this would work for you, if you're pale avoid at all costs. My mum rarely wears make up so this has been relegated to my fancy dress make up pile (yes I have one hehe). Final note; never panic buy make up, it always end in a Beauty Fail!

So there we have it our first Beauty Fail. Do you have a horror stories to tell us? Blind bought a product before? Let us know in the comments below we love hearing from you!


Disclaimer: I purchased product myself, these are my own views. I have no association with any companies shown. 
                    Photos copyright Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy 2014
Cat Photo: http://dailynewsdig.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/20-Funny-Shocked-Cat-Memes-6.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment