Pages

Sunday 13 July 2014

Tori | that's what I'm toucan about

As a general rule I hate Sundays, I usually feel a bit odd. Luckily, today doesn't feel like a Sunday. I was up early, drove my aunt to work and had a mooch around the Overgate Centre.  My auntie very kindly treated me to this H! by Henry Holland jumpsuit in Debenhams. It's available in sizes 6-18 and retails at £40. It's lovely and lightweight with a cute tie detail on the back; elasticated waist; loose/harem style legs which taper slightly at the hem; and JUST LOOK at those toucans- oh yes.

I adore jumpsuits: so comfy and zero decision making involved, just throw it on and you're done. I'm a Libran and stereotypically struggle when it comes to decision making. As a child, my auntie's catchphrase, "If you can't decide, have both" didn't exactly encourage me to make my mind up.

Here I've included some of Debenhams own photos of this item as my mobile doesn't really do it justice. It's slouchy, cute, unfussy; their styling reflects this but it's a bit too basic for my liking. Keep reading to see how I'm wearing it today.

photo credit: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_037010235443_-1

photo credit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/cln/debenhams/Retro/87096980013
A little bit of a backstory...

This is my first jumpsuit since Shrinkgate. It happened on a clammy, New York day, circa 2011. I had recently bought a black jumpsuit complete with meshy bits and zippy things (think sports luxe). It was soft, cool and flattered me in all the right places (plight of the pear-shape). I loved the hell outta that garment but unfortunately it was an ill-fated affair. My ex's father's maid shrank it in the tumble dryer. (Yes, he had a maid. She was a lovely woman but a scourge in the laundry dept.) The thing looked like a baby-gro when she was through with it. I was devastated and it's taken me three years to get over it. One takeaway: do your own laundry... or at the very least, entrust your finest garments only to your mother/ aunt/ granny, those ladies just KNOW how to launder.

So, here I am, flipping through the Sunday supplements, drinking copious amounts of tea and rocking this parrot print with pride. I'm accessorising it with a top knot, some badass but probably ill-advised Steve madden saddle boots, bold vintage jewellery and a smudgey red lip. Oh and not forgetting the obligatory cardi- it is Scotland after all. I'm loving the navy/ red/ chartreuse combo. How would you style this jumpsuit?

NICA backpack/ Ralph Lauren fabric belt/ elite purse/ Steve Madden saddle boots/ SELECTED/ FEMME cardigan





Vintage CIRO Austrian crystal bracelet/ L'Oreal colour riche lipstick in 461 scarlett crème
Messy red. It's Sunday, I'm home and I can.
Vintage necklace/ No 7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour 'Betty Blues'/
Rimmel London Salon Pro Kate
'Rock n Roll'

 Apologies for the rubbish photo quality, I got excited and decided to do a quick 'Look what I got- isn't it great? Don't you think you should have one too?' type of post and snapped these on my phone.

As per, all content is copyright Tori at Jute, Jam and Joy, 2014, unless otherwise stated.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment