As promised here is the first three days of Jute, Jam and Joys Christmas Advent
The 1st of December means only one thing; Christmas music can be officially played for everyone to hear. Let's ease ourselves in with the one and only...
Mariah Carey ~ All I want for Christmas Is You
Black Friday hit the U.K last week, our local Tesco actually closed due to people fighting over plasma TV's. Frankly we both think the idea is absurd, are people really that obsessed over getting a cheaper kettle? (Although Mish did have a chuckle trying to find an appropriate picture to go with this post.)
Moving on, Dundee doesn't have the shopping options as bigger cities such as Glasgow and Edinburgh does, so we both do a lot of internet shopping come Christmas time. So we thought it would be fun to create a little list of some of our first port of calls.
- Not on the High Street ~ Need something personalised? Then this should be your first stop. A wonderful selection of unique gifts. Top Tip: Always check the actual product designers own website, sometimes the gift you want is actually cheaper there.
- FeelUnique ~ FeelUnique has some of the best cosmetic/toiletry selections on-line. Free postage is always a bonus too!
- Firebox ~ Need a totally random gift? We are saving up in order to purchase two of these for our office.
- The Outnet ~ Net-a-Porter's little sister but with some massive savings. Designers are even creating clothing especially for this high end discount site which speaks volumes in our books.
- Food websites: Nothing says Christmas like a good Hamper and here is a selection of some of our favourites Scottish Hampers Selfridge Fortnum & Mason
Decorating the family Christmas tree is always a joyous occasion. Sadly Tori is allergic to real Christmas trees and Mish hates the smell of them (we're a right pair) so it's fake all the way for us. However you can still have a piece of nature in your home with the right decorations.
This wicker wreath from Matalan is a perfect festive edition to any front door. Who doesn't love bit of glitter.
And these pine cone candles from John Lewis are just adorable.
Another one from John Lewis Can you imagine 8 of these just dotted around your house! HOHOHO!
So are you excited for Christmas? Have you bought all your presents?
Is anyone else allergic to real Christmas Trees?
Leave us a comment down below, we love hearing from you all!
Disclaimer: Jute, Jam and Joy claim no right to any photos/ videos used in this post.
All views are own. We have no connection to companies mentioned in this post.
Video Source: Link
Black Friday Photo: Link
Matalan Photo: Link
John Lewis Photo: Link
John Lewis Photo: Link