Pages

Saturday 20 September 2014

Mish | Nails on Saturday

I have been missing being on holiday this week, so to cheer myself up I thought I would recreate the look I had whilst in Chicago. Just to note my main camera has broken so I was using my mobile to take these photos. They turned out not too shabby however trying to get a non-blurry photo of my actual nails was near impossible so apologies in advance for the slightly blurry look.

The colours I used where Formula X for Sephora in Massive (see my review here) and Formula X in Liberty.
I used Leighton Denny Under cover as my base coat and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri as my top coat.

Massive & Liberty by Formula X

I won't go into too much detail about Massive but just to say it's one of my favourite colours. Liberty caught my eye whilst wandering around Sephora. As it was July whilst I was in Chicago I'm guessing it tied in with the 4th July celebrations and can I just say what a party we have here. 



It's not a glittery top coat, more specks of red, white and blue particles (was going to say plastic but sounds a bit dodgy). The specks definitely have a shimmer to them which twinkles nicely when it catches the light and I have never had so many complements about my nails before in my life. I really love this top coat and decided to pop back to Sephora to purchase a spare bottle, but sadly they had sold out. I did see on Sasha Says Nails that Sally Hansen has practically the same top coat so that would be worth trying out if you couldn't get your hands on Liberty.




One final thing I will say about Formula X is I do adore their products, but the website. Sheesh you try to search something, it never comes up so I was left trailing through the photos to try and find Liberty. Once I found it my fears were confirmed. I think this is just produced for 4th of July, so people next July run down to Sephora and nab yourself a bottle. You won't be disappointed!


So just a quick nail post this week. 
Hope your all having a lovely weekend. Got any plans? 
Painting your nails, then what colour? 
Leave us a comment below, we love hearing from you all!




Disclaimer: All photos property of Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment