Pages

Sunday 15 February 2015

Glossybox February 2015 Review




As Valentine's Day is this month Glossybox have given February's box a "LOVE" theme. In this month's box we have 3 full sized products and 2 test size and a mini packet of love hearts where a nice touch. I will review some products in more detail later on in the month, as this post is just a review of the overall box I received.

Yes I ate the Love Hearts before I took the photos. woops


Wilkinson Sword Hydro Silk

I'm not the biggest fan of razors with built in shaving cream bars, they become so messy after a couple of uses and I need to change the cartridge. Saying that in a previous Glossybox I received a Wilkinson Sword Intuition Plus Hydra Razor and loved it, due to the fact I could get more decent applications from it. Razor's not the most exciting thing in the world but always handy to have a few spare. This was a full sized product.

MARSK Mineral Eyeshadow

Sticking with the "ahem" Love theme we have MARSK eyeshadow "Fifty Shades" and what you recieve is a small amount of grey shimmery eyeshadow surprising me as this was classed as being fulled sized. Nevertheless what I enjoy about Glossybox is receiving products from companies I have never heard of and Marsk joins the club. MARSK is based in Sydney and England and aims to create natural and organic products. The product is talc, paraben, fragrance and GM free and they don't test on animals. Win, win. Will be intrigued to see how it wears.

Royal Apothic Tinties

Firstly the box is a little cutey and the liptint container is a throwback to the old Apothecary days to which the brand have based their products on. I received the colour Coral which is bright in the jar but mellows once applied. I have heard of Royal Apothic before and was keen to try their products, first impressions is that the Tinties seem lovely and light creating a nice, even tint across the lips. This was a full sized product.

So Susan - Rose Quartet Lip & Cheek Palette in Warm Rose

I am aiming to use more palettes this year and this lip and cheek cream one ticks the boxes. Another brand I haven't heard of but another gorgeous box.  The actually packaging of the palette is horrible cheap plastic and rather oddly contains no mirror even though there appears to be a space for one. The four colours are a good mixture and appear to apply well to the skin. I think this would really do well on a night out instead of lugging about your lipsticks.

got2be - All Star 10 in 1 styling

This product promises to create (deep breath) shine, fullness, strength, thickness smoothness, suppleness, protection, anti-frizz, anti-humidity and shape to your hair. A big promise, but I am keen to try it as I am a sucker for multiple treatments in one easy to use product. Time will tell if this actually works. I will say this does smell like peaches which frankly makes the item shine in my eyes.


So February's Love themed Glossybox is a hit with me, as all products will definitely get used within the coming weeks, however I did feel the Tinties and So Suan Lip & Cheek cream where too similar. Maybe Love themed nail stickers would have been better instead? February's box was a nice mixture between practicality and a little sweetness in time for Valentine's Day. What more could you ask for?


From L to R:
got2be, Wilkinson Sword,
Royal Apothic Tinties, So Susan Lip & Cheek Palatte, Marsk eyeshadow


Do you subscribe to a beauty box?
 Have you tried Glossybox?
Leave us a comment below we love hearing from you!
Mish xx





Disclaimer; Photographs copyright Mish at Jute, Jam and Joy.
I have no connection to Glossybox, the box was my own purchase.

3 comments:

  1. I keep toying with the idea of subscribing to Glossy Box... I love reading what people got in their's! Good review and I agree nail stickers would have made a nice addition x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great concept and it's rather exciting waiting for the box to arrive each month! What I really like about Glossybox in comparison to others, is that you do tend to get brands you've never heard of which allows you to experiment. I now have at least 4 products that I use permanently now as a result of the boxes. Thanks for the comment :)
      Mish x

      Delete
  2. Nice post! Like it. Look forward for your new post. Thanks! jute goods
    Cool!

    ReplyDelete